Extend The Life Of Your Halyards & Control Lines
Don't sacrifice expensive halyards and control lines by leaving them in your mast over the winter period.
This 8 plait line is designed to be used as a general purpose messenger/mousing line, burgee/flag halyard or lightweight lashing line.
We recommend removing all halyards and control lines from the boat when winterizing or not using it for an extended period of time, this helps prolong the life of your expensive ropes. Winter weather can be very tough on ropes with dust and other debris like soot from heating oil/coal/wood etc. accumulating on the ropes which allows moisture to form acids that weaken the rope, as does repeated freezing and thawing cycles on the accumulated moisture in the rope. Depending on the conditions mould and mildew can also set in and damage the rope.
By attaching to the bitter end of halyards or control lines that are pulled through and removed, the mousing line can sit in the elements whilst your boat is winterized saving expensive ropes from the winter weather.
For most boats 3mm line will be sufficient to pull halyards back into the mast but not too small as to easily come off a sheave.
- Mousing/Messenger Lines for Halyards & Control Lines
- Flag, Rader Reflector & Burgee Halyards
- Lashing Line For Dodgers & Netting
- Spare Halyard or Control Line pull through that can be left in the mast for emergency situations
- 8 Plait Polyester
- Whilst not made of recycled fibres this product reduces the replacement cycle of other ropes by upto 50%, therefore, providing a positive environmental benefit overall. See our blog post on 7 Ways to extend the life of your boat ropes
- 4 Colour's in 1 Diameter
- Black, Blue, Yellow, Red
|Min. Breakload (Kg)||185|